Written Feb 14, 2012 9:39am
Went to the oncologist yesterday and Dr. Gurtler’s interpretation of my Oncotype DX (the $4000 test that I’ve been waiting 3 weeks for its results) puts me in a range that makes chemo negligible. My chances of recurrence are as possible with chemo as without–which is 7-11%. Better odds actually than my getting BC in the first place! Anyway, if she felt the tests indicated I should go for chemo, she would have pushed for it. She didn’t and I trust her judgement.
I’ll give more details after Mardi Gras, but I wanted to quickly share. Thank you everyone for your amazing support!!!!!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!